[Wine] Sims?

Victor ErV2005 at rambler.ru
Mon Jul 16 12:47:12 CDT 2007

On Monday 16 July 2007 20:38:29 Warren Dumortier wrote:
> The installer works partially, when accepting a license, the installer
> says: 'Impossible to continue installation because this game derquier
> DirectX9.0c or higher. You can download it on M$..."
> What can I do?

1) Which Wine Version do you use? if it's not 0.9.41, try upgrading.
2) DirectX Version is defined in registry (use regedit) - in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/DirectX "folder", "Version" key.
The value on my system is "4.09.00.0904" which seems to be equal to DirectX
9.0c (if I'm wrong, correct value for DirectX 9.0c probably can be found on
msdn.microsoft.com somewhere). If "4.09.00.0904" isn't the same as on your
system, try changing it.  This should work for most applications. If this
fails, that means that Sims are using some kind of advanced DirectX version
check.

> Can you bypass the check?
it's possible to hack the installer. But I wouldn't do that If I were you.

> I also tried to installa DirectX installer included on the cd but it
> also doesn't work :S
It isn't possible to install DirectX under wine.

--
Виктор Ерёмин (ErV2005 at rambler.ru)