[Wine] Fwd: first time IE6 woes

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:22:06 CDT 2007

On 7/16/07, Duane Clark <fpga at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Richard Duran wrote:
> > Didn't get any responses first time out...
>
> If your goal is to run ie6, I strongly suggest that you go to
> http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page
>
> Download and install that. It is much easier than trying to get ie6
> running yourself.

Please don't promote ies4linux on winehq mailing lists.  We already
have enough problems with that project as is.  The proper thing for
Richard to do is to file a bug report in winehq's bugzilla.  With your
suggestion, he'll happily install ies4linux, and we lose another
useful bug report.  Richard is certainly free to run any app he wants,
including ies4linux, especially as a workaround in the meantime, but
to shoo away every user that wants to run ie6 in Wine out of the box
is irresponsible and bad for the project.

--
James Hawkins