[Wine] Installing MS Office problems

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Fri Jul 27 00:03:56 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 14:31 +1000, Dean Hamstead wrote:

> i installed using the beta of cxoffice, then moved the bottle into wine
>
> this may be 'bad' though.

Yes I also have a beta version of cxoffice already installed. And yes
the thought crossed my mind to do this. And yes I also considered it
'bad' to copy this installation across.

We will probably eventually purchase cxoffice anyway - we're using
VirtualBox at the moment, but it's a bit clumsy to use, and also takes
it's toll on underpowered machines.

But I was under the impression that Office actually installed into wine
these days.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer