[Wine] Newbie: Problem running FileMaker 8.5

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Fri Jun 1 21:54:42 CDT 2007

On Friday June 1 2007 13:21, Matthias Brennwald (bwm) wrote:
> I don't have the installer for FileMaker at hand (it was installed by
> the IT support in our company). I'd like to figure out myself how to get
> FileMaker running rather than bothering the (Windows-) IT people with
> that... any hints or ideas?

	Why not to download this program from the Internet? Just fill out this form:
http://www.filemakertrial.com/nskto/form/entry.aspx and you will be able to
download 30-day demo. If it works for you then you can use crack
to "register" it - this is legal if you have a licence to use full version (I
suppose your copy of FileMaker on Windows is legal - if so you already have
the licence).
	Please note that if you really want to use some program and it require
installation only way to bypass this is import all neccessary registry keys
and dlls from Windows to Wine - very difficult if you have no expirience and
cannot monitor installation process under Windows first. So don't waste your
time, download the demo of FileMaker Pro 8.5 and install it, and if it works
for you convert it to full version (ask your "IT people" for help or simply
use crack).