[Wine] re: Newbie: Problem running FileMaker 8.5

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Jun 2 13:55:50 CDT 2007

L. Rayhen wrote:
> If it works for you then you can use crack
> to "register" it - this is legal if you have a licence to use full version

While this may be true in some circumstances,
I *never* recommend using cracks.  Not only
are they of dubious legality, they can also carry
cooties.  Any app that requires a crack to run
should IMHO be rated "garbage" in the wine appdb.
I know there are crack-smokers out there who
disagree, but that's my stand.

But the advice to install from scratch is usually good.
Wine is not so good at running apps already
installed inside Windows.
- Dan