[Wine] EAC (exactaudiocopy) in openSUSE 10.2 - SOLVED

Istvan Gabor suseuser04 at freemail.hu
Mon Jun 4 08:57:18 CDT 2007

> Could someone, please, help me how to make work EAC with
> wine in openSUSE 10.2?
> Earlier (SUSE 10.1) I could configure wine to use windows
> 2000 as default windows version and EAC to use 'native
Win32
> interface for WinNT/2000/XP' and these worked together fine.
> Now in openSUSE 10.2 (wine version wine-0.9.37-12.1) when
> start EAC with wine I get:
> a) when the interface is set to the default 'installed external
> ASPI interface' wine starts but does not recognize any of the
> CD drives.
> b) If I set the interface to 'native Win32 interface for WinNT/
> 2000/XP' and restart EAC, EAC freezes during start I have to
> kill it.

Here it is how can it be set:

1. Insert a data CD in the cd-drive. The OS should mount the
CD.
2. Run winecfg and set up the CD drive in drives tab. Eg. F:\,
drive mapping=path = /media/cdrom, in advanced mode set
type to CD-ROM. Apply, OK.
3. Run EAC while the DATA CD is inserted in the drive. Set the
interface to 'native Win32 interface for WinNT/2000/XP'.  Exit
EAC.
4. Run EAC again (the DATA CD is still inserted and mounted).
EAC should start and show the data CD. Replace the data CD
with audio CD without exiting EAC.

A data CD has to be mounted when EAC is started and when
winecfgf is run.

IG

Könyvheti újdonságok az Alexandrától. Várjuk standunkhoz Budapesten, majd Pécsett is. Tekintse meg könyv-és programkínálatunkat weblapunkon!
http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,172257,232809/click.prm