[Wine] How to handle steam:// type URLs ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Jun 25 12:44:34 CDT 2007

Hi!
  We just tried to purchase a game pack using Steam running in wine.
  All went well, the browser appeared, in which we performed the whole
transaction (using Paypal). But at the whole end, it just displayed the
page saying that the last step is to review the purchase in Steam. There
was a button on the page, referencing an URL starting with steam://. Of
course, FireFox doesn't recognize such an URL, so the link failed.
  Is there any chance to finish the transaction in Linux ? How to kick
Steam to finish the transaction ?

  With regards, Pavel Troller