[Wine] re: Random software that no one has, and is not in the appdb.

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Mar 11 10:36:23 CDT 2007

Dan S. wrote:
> I have a bunch of children's games and other random software
> that came in cereal boxes :).  Obviously 80% of these programs
> aren't even in the appdb, and half of them don't work for one
> reason or another.  For the symptoms that each show when being
> run under wine; what can I search for to see if it's a known
> bug (tm) or has a workaround or if I can just expect them
> to hit the garbage can with no hope of ever being supported.

Look for the console message just before the problem,
and do a google search for the whole line
(except numbers with lots of digits).

> I don't really know what to do to report these things as
> no one else out there seems to have posted any information
> regarding them to either this list, or the appdb, or anywhere
> google can reach for that matter.

Report them by filing individual bugs at http://bugs.winehq.org
Be sure to attach the wine console output as a text file,
don't include it inline in the bug report.

Thanks & good luck!
- Dan