[Wine] wine: could not load L"D:\\Setup.exe": Bad EXE format for

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Tue Mar 13 07:53:27 CDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 09:07 -0300, Phil Pinkerton wrote:
> What I have for Windows Java?
>
>  wine java -version
> java version "1.4.2_01"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_01-b06)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_01-b06, mixed mode)
>
> What I have in wine
>

> .32
> WineCFG default
>  - Allow the window manager to control the windows
>  - Emulate a virtual Desktop
>    Desktop Size 1024x740
>  - Vertex Sahder Support - NONE
>  - Allow Pixel Shader
>
> That is all the information I know how to acquire via Wine
>
> phil

Okay. In your honour, I set up as you said, rooted out the cd with
Java-1.4.2 on it, and set to work. I got this on the install

Wine version 0.9[dec at genius apps]$ wine j2re-1_4_2_01-windows-i586.exe
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"dec" (nil) 0x34f808 (nil)
0x34f804 0x34f810 - stub
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"dec" 0x16df08 0x34f808 0x16df20
0x34f804 0x34f810 - stub
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"ValidateProductID"
err:msi:msi_dialog_oncommand button click from nowhere 0x17a4b8 67108864
0x10052
err:msi:msi_dialog_oncommand button click from nowhere 0x17a4b8 67108864
0x10052
err:richedit:ReadStyleSheet ReadStyleSheet: skipping optional
destination
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"ValidateProductID"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"SetODBCFolders"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveExistingProducts"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"UnpublishComponents"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"UnpublishFeatures"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"UnregisterTypeLibraries"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveODBC"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveRegistryValues"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"UnregisterClassInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"UnregisterExtensionInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"UnregisterProgIdInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"UnregisterMIMEInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveShortcuts"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveDuplicateFiles"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveFolders"
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address
0x80d5446 (thread 0033), starting debugger...

Wine version is 0.9.32-1 the Fedora RPM. CPU is amd athlon-xp, and video
card is the nvidia mx-440. The box does everything else fine. I've had
the same on 0.9.28 up to the prewsent version. It did not screw up the
screen - just the fonts looked weird. It loaded
"UltraUltraUltraBoldMicroscopic"

In wine, it throws an error "Bad installation: no JRE configuration
file" or somesuch. It will no appear as installed to the installer, and
uninstalled to the world at large, especially windows apps. The cure to
that is rm -rf ~/.wine, but I'm using it right now.