[Wine] Re: wine: could not load L"D:\\Setup.exe": Bad EXE format for

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:25:42 CDT 2007

Declan Moriarty wrote:

> It's news to me that any nvidia chipset is on a radeon card - I always
> saw ATI & Nvidia  as bitter rivals. I had the notion the radeon 9600
> used the mobility chipset, and seems to have been one better.

You are probably right about that. As you can tell, I am not a gamer,
since I don't know anything about my video card ;)

The complete list of fixme/errs I get is rather short:
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action
L"RemoveFolders"
err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 0x110000: in-use arena 0x15cbc0
next block has PREV_FREE flag
fixme:font:WineEngAddFontResourceEx Ignoring flags 10
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33ea7c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),1,0x33ea7c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x1c7d40) : stub,
simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x525a38)->((nil),00001008)
fixme:d3d_surface:IWineGDISurfaceImpl_Blt Can't handle DDBLT_WAIT flag
right now.
err:d3d:state_multisampleaa Multisample antialiasing not supported by gl
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x525a38)->((nil),00000008)
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DStateBlockImpl_Release Releasing primary stateblock
err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 0x110000: in-use arena 0x15d920
next block has PREV_FREE flag
err:ole:CoCreateInstance apartment not initialised
err:ole:CoCreateInstance apartment not initialised
fixme:font:WineEngAddFontResourceEx Ignoring flags 10
fixme:font:WineEngAddFontResourceEx Ignoring flags 10
kotao:~ >

Not really that much different, aside from your lines that are repeated
a lot. And since d3d is changing very rapidly, those may have changed
between the release you are using and the git I am using.

> The emulation threw errors: Installation stalled at "Publishing Product
> information", then finally Java Virtual Machine Launcher threw a typical
> m$ dialog box

For me, the installation sits for awhile at "Publishing Product
information", while there is a lot of disk activity, then continues. I
am not sure what you are referring to as the "Java Virtual Machine
Launcher".