[Wine] Re: Problem installing SystemVision from MentorGraphics

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:31:55 CDT 2007

Torsten Knodt wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>> Isn't it possible to run the application by native Linux JRE ?
> no, it isn't. If yes I wouldn't give me the stress to run it under wine. I
> even don't know how much is using Java.
>
> To the version:
> I have, AFAIK, no chance to replace the packaged java. So I have to use the
> JRE 1.3.1.

Well, jre 1.3.1 has been end-of-lifed by Sun, meaning it can no longer
be downloaded. So it will be a bit difficult for anyone to even try it
out. You don't say why you have "no chance to replace the packaged
java". Have you tried installing jre 1.4.2 and seeing if it would work?
That version does install and run under Wine.