[Wine] Re: Problem running Windows Notepad under Wine

Mantar, Feyelno nek dusa mantar.feyelno at YourPantiesSirWilliamfrontiernet.net
Mon Mar 19 00:45:07 CDT 2007

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:59:05 +0000, Segin wrote:

> That's something that has nothing to do with Wine, actually. Since
> you're using Ubuntu, you are probably using the GNOME desktop. Sorry,
> but I don't know much about GNOME. I suggest you use the
> gnome-mime-editor program and look for something liek

 The easy way is to change "preferred applications" under the settings
menu. A custom setting of "wine /path/to/notepad.exe %s" should do it, but
beware, I'm going from memory on the %s, it might be a different letter,
and also "/path/to" may be optional depending on how you've set up your
Wine drives.
 Gedit, the gnome equivalent of Notepad, handles DOS line endings just
fine, too. I imagine she'll migrate to that eventually, but comfort come
first. :)

--
 - Mantar  --- Drop YourPantiesSirWilliam to email me.