[Wine] Missing wined3d.dll

spencercw at googlemail.com spencercw at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:09 CDT 2007

I am trying to play Age of Mythology, I tried it with 0.9.17, it
installed ok and the game runs, but att the textures are black making
it unplayable. Looking around it seems someone else had the same
problem, but going back to 0.9.16 fixed it.

So I uninstalled the 0.9.17 package with Synaptic, and had to compile
0.9.16, because I couldn't find a deb anywhere for it. So now that is
installed, when I try to run the game, the splash screen shows up and
freezes, but this in the console:

err:module:import_dll Library wined3d.dll (which is needed by
L"c:\\windows\\system32\\d3d8.dll") not found

What do I do now?