[Wine] Printing with wine and cups doesn't work

christof.beuter at t-online.de christof.beuter at t-online.de
Mon Mar 19 00:45:09 CDT 2007

Hi everybody,

my problem is the following:
I got a Debian sarge system with cups 1.2.1-3 and wine 0.9.15-1 as well
as a HP PSC1510 Printer/Scanner.
In the documentation about wine is written, that printing wouldn't be a
problem as everything is autoconfigured if you are using cups like I
do.
But all I get when trying to print from any application, is an
error-message in the log:

fixme:winspool:WINSPOOL_EnumPrinters We don't handle
PRINTER_ENUM_CONNECTIONS
err:dc:CreateDCW no driver found for L"WINEPS.DRV"

This the part of my win.ini that should handle printing:

[devices]
HP=WINEPS.DRV,LPR:HP

and the system.reg says the following:

[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Environments\\Windows NT
x86\\Drivers\\Version-3\\PS Driver] 1153769282
"Configuration File"=""
"Data File"=""
"Datatype"=""
"Dependent Files"=str(7):""
"Driver"=""
"Help File"=""
"Monitor"=""
"Version"=dword:00000003

[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Monitors\\Local Port]
1153763742
"Driver"="localspl.dll"

[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Printers\\] 1153769282
"Attributes"=dword:00000000
"Datatype"="RAW"
"Description"="WINEPS Printer using CUPS"
"Location"="<physical location of printer>"
"Name"="HP"
"Parameters"="<parameters?>"
"Port"="LPR:HP"
"Print Processor"="WinPrint"
"Printer Driver"="PS Driver"
"Priority"=dword:00000000
"Separator File"="<sep file?>"
"Share Name"="<share name?>"
"StartTime"=dword:00000000
"Status"=dword:00000000
"UntilTime"=dword:00000000

It seems obviously to me that the wineps driver is just missing, but
where to get it or how to put it into the config files correctly ?

Thanks for your kind help

Chris