[Wine] Re: OziExplorer aborts with wine 0.9.18

jim jdoutt at whoi.edu
Mon Mar 19 00:45:22 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> jim <jdoutt at whoi.edu> wrote:
> >     Here's the full output.  Let me know if there are any other tests
> > you'd like me to run.
> > jim
>
> After taking a look at appdb.winehq.org (which is available to anyone,
> you know), I suggest you try the method in the first comment on [1]
>
> Daniel
>
> [1] http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3035

Thanks for the suggestion, Daniel.   I presume you mean the following
reference in appdb:

Installed a charm.
When I first ran it crashed, however this change in the oziexp.ini
fixes it (It disables the tooltips at the start):
[Help]
Show Start=0
Getting Started=0

My point, however, is that Ozi has been working through quite a number
of WINE versions including version 0.9.16 with the standard Ozi
install.  I have not had to do any modifications to the oziexp.ini.

Yesterday I tried it with 0.9.18 and it failed.  I then brought WINE
0.9.16 back up and it worked.  I reinstalled WINE 0.9.18 and Ozi
failed.  So I think something was broken in WINE between 0.9.16 and
0.9.18.

jim