[Wine] running sailors of the sky under wine. installs fine, wont run.

jesus 2.0 blacklisted at inbox.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:22 CDT 2007

I installed SotS on Slackware 10.2. I went through the install and the
installer said I successfully installed SotS, the box at the end of the
installer is checked to run it when the installer is done, but nothing
comes up, and this is the output I get:

err:menubuilder:ExtractFromICO Invalid ico file format
 err:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker failed to fork and exec
wineshelllink
 fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
 fixme:ole:DllRegisterServer not implemented (olepro32.dll)
 fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc WM_SETFONT: stub
 fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc EM_LIMITTEXT: stub
 fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc EM_EXLIMITTEXT: stub
 err:module:import_dll Library dx8vb.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\Program Files\\SotS Gold\\SotS.exe") not found
 root at biggy:/home/nharris/.wine/drive_c/sots#
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program
Files\\SotS Gold\\SotS.exe" failed, status c0000135

any ideas? It was supposed to have created and installed in 'c:\Program
Files\SotS Gold', but the dir is non-existant, even though the
installer installed everything there.