[Wine] Re: Installation on dedicated linux server?

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:45:33 CDT 2007

darksoul1985 at gmail.com wrote:
> I need it only to run a few windows applications on my remote linux
> server. Do I need some special modifications or can I just download and
> install wine the normal (don't know what that is yet but I trust this
> is in the documentation) way?

The normal way is to
a) install wine using your favorite package manager (maybe downloading
the package from winehq.org) or
b) download source, compile and install

Both work remotely. Keep in mind that many windows application will
open at least on window. In this case, wine needs some kind of X server.

Daniel