[Wine] Re: Can't run winecfg under Mandriva 2006

Leo Orionis leoorionis at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:44 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Leo Orionis <leoorionis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > [leo at localhost Documents]$ winecfg
> > wine: creating configuration directory '/home/leo/.wine'...
> > cp: cannot stat `/usr/bin/../local/share/wine/wine.inf': No such file
> > or directory
>
> IIRC, this has been mentioned before. Apperantly, it's a packaging bug.
> Search the list archives for the fix.
>
> Daniel

Thank you, sir, for your reply.  I searched Google Groups and found
quite a few
messages about Wine problems, but didn't see anything that looked like
the same
problem I was having -- different messages, etc.

I did see one message  saying to "run WINEPREFIX =~ /.wine
wineprefixcreate".
Is this something I should type at the terminal before running Wine, or
do I need
to add it to some file somewhere?  And is this the fix you meant, or do
you know
of some specific fix that I missed?

All help gratefully accepted.  By the way, I noticed your name on
several posts
about Wine problems, so you've been in there helping people.  Let me
express
appreciation for all of us, in case people have been lax in doing so in
the past.

Sincerely, Leo Orionis