[Wine] Re: Can't run winecfg under Mandriva 2006

Leo Orionis leoorionis at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:46 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Leo Orionis <leoorionis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Thank you, sir, for your reply.  I searched Google Groups and found
> > quite a few
> > messages about Wine problems, but didn't see anything that looked like
> > the same
> > problem I was having -- different messages, etc.
>
> Well, a search for
> 'mandriva group:comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine' on groups.google.com
> reveals the posting "Mandriva RPM of wine 0.9.17" with the solution.
>
> > I did see one message  saying to "run WINEPREFIX =~ /.wine
> > wineprefixcreate".
> > Is this something I should type at the terminal before running Wine, or
>
> Yes. It, however is not the fix to your problem.
>
> > All help gratefully accepted.  By the way, I noticed your name on
> > several posts
> > about Wine problems, so you've been in there helping people.  Let me
> > express
> > appreciation for all of us, in case people have been lax in doing so in
> > the past.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Daniel

Dear Daniel:  THANK YOU, I found the message you were referring to, and
typing the line
per the message did indeed get winecfg to come up.  Now I can proceed!
Even  more
importantly, now I have a better idea how to search these archives and
find the answer
next time.  Thank you again for helping me stumble on my way -- Leo
David Orionis