[Wine] please help a WINE noob...

s1mple_m4n s1mple.m4n at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:47 CDT 2007

I hope someone can help with this problem.

I am a new linux user - just installed Ubuntu 6.06 and WINE to play
games. As a test I downloaded a small Dora the Exlporer game for my
daughter, just so I could see if I could get it to run.

Right-clicking the installer gave the option to run the programme with
WINE and it installed OK, but when I typed wine dora.exe in a terminal
screen I got the error: "wine: could not load
L"c:\\windows\\system32\\dora.exe": Module not found".

The Dora game is installed in Program Files, so how can I point the
terminal instruction to the game exe?

In WINE config I added the dora.exe to the applications tab.

As a Linux newbie I am still having a bit of trouble with configuring
applications, and I haven't found any simple instructions online yet.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

RoyJ