[Wine] Re: Running Wbid Under Wine

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:45:47 CDT 2007

joshua.brehm at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> not being able to run an airline employee schedule sorting program
> called Wbid (www.figware.com) under Wine is the only thing preventing
> me from completely ditching Windows. The installation hangs just short
> of completing. I get lots of "fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text..."
> messages. Are "fixme" messages normal? Any ideas as to where I should

'Normal' is not quite the right expression, 'common' is more like it.
However, a fixme never relates to anything serious, so you can just
ignore these.
Here on wine 0.9.19 I was able to install it from wbs30r10.exe out of
the box. However, for the creation of the serial number to work,
mfc42.dll must be available during installation (i.e. put it where
wbs30r10.exe is, or put it in ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32). You'll
also need mfc42.dll for running the program.
After that, the program seems to work (of course, I do not have the
credentials to actually try anything useful).

Daniel