[Wine] Re: Running Wbid Under Wine

joshua.brehm at gmail.com joshua.brehm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:48 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:

> 'Normal' is not quite the right expression, 'common' is more like it.
> However, a fixme never relates to anything serious, so you can just
> ignore these.
> Here on wine 0.9.19 I was able to install it from wbs30r10.exe out of
> the box. However, for the creation of the serial number to work,
> mfc42.dll must be available during installation (i.e. put it where
> wbs30r10.exe is, or put it in ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32). You'll
> also need mfc42.dll for running the program.
> After that, the program seems to work (of course, I do not have the
> credentials to actually try anything useful).
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the test and the information. I put mfc42.dll in
.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 but the installation is still hanging
just short of completing. I'm running wine ver. 0.9.19 as well under
Ubuntu Dapper on a Toshiba Portege 3110ct.

This is what I get for error messages:
~/.wine/drive_c$ wine wbs30r10.exe
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
err:ole:get_unmarshaler_from_stream Failed to read common OBJREF
header, 0x00000001
fixme:ole:NdrClearOutParameters (0x7e02a020,0x7c4212,0x7e02a154): stub
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "TITLE_CAPTIONBAR" of other
process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "WBid - InstallShield Wizard" of
other process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "TITLE_CAPTIONBAR" of other
process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "WBid - InstallShield Wizard" of
other process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "TITLE_CAPTIONBAR" of other
process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "WBid - InstallShield Wizard" of
other process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
Would I be correct in assuming that the last one is the one that's
causing the problem?

Thanks again for your help,

Josh