[Wine] Re: Problem with WAVE_FORMAT_ADPCM sound files

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:45:49 CDT 2007

michal <mich_r at o2.pl> wrote:
> I have the same errors after converting.

After converting from ADPCM to PCM you still get errors about ADPCM? I
cannot quite see how this is possible.

> In the meantime I have found this ->
> http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/winedev-guide/mm-low :
>
> First I thought that wine does not support software ADPCM decoding and
> my old Sound Blaster 16 surely has no hardware ADPCM support.
> I am not very good in this field and finally I'm not sure if I
> understand it well. If I were sure I would replace the sound card with
> a newer one. Can you help (with understanding the above article) ?

I'm sorry, but I am as clueless (if not more) as you in this field.
Maybe try to find out what format a Soundblaster 16 (or at least the
driver) will accept.
As can be seen from references to no longer existing directories, the
documentation is not really up-to-date, so it should be taken with a
grain of salt.

Daniel