[Wine] Re: Wine on a Flash drive

Henri x at x.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:49 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka a écrit :
> Henri <x at x.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you think it is possible to use the Win32 packages of wine to run non
>> portable applications on a USB key ?
>> For example an application could use the registrey db stored on the
>> flash drive if launched by wine.
>> I think it could be great to have a real user environment on a flash drive.
>>

> I do not quite understand your intentions:
> What do you mean by "non portable"? And how is the win32 package
> supposed to fit in?
>
> Daniel

well, english is not my native language, I try again :)
this is what I mean for portable application:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_application
the portable applications don't store anything  on the computer.
unfortunally most of application use registry to store app settings or
to retrieve a com object etc ...
my idea was to install a wine environement on a flash drive, so i would
be able to run this kind of application on a flash drive.
I'm new to wine and I suppose win32 packages could run on windows.
i am wrong ?

henri