[Wine] Re: Running Wbid Under Wine

joshua.brehm at gmail.com joshua.brehm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:53 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
--SNIP--
> As I already explained, 'fixme' messages do _not_ relate to serious
> problems. If your program hangs or crashes, it is nothing to do with a
> 'fixme'.
> Now, please try the following:
> $ mv ~/.wine ~/out_of_the_way
> $ winecfg
> $ cp ~/out_of_the_way/drive_c/windows/system32/mfc42.dll \
> ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
> $ cp ~/out_of_the_way/drive_c/wbs30r10.exe ~/.wine/drive_c
> $ cd ~/.wine/drive_c && wine wbs30r10.exe
>
> Exactly this method works without a hitch here. If it doesn't for you,
> I would either question the origin of your wine package (where exactly
> did you get it from?), or the reliability of your system.
>
> Daniel

Thanks, Daniel. I think the problem was initially one of trying to add
the installation program to the list in winecfg before I had actually
run the install. I have had a little luck with running Wine in an
emulated desktop. I'm getting closer! Still have a few hiccups with a
firewall message and a couple of other .dll files to track down.

Thanks again for your help!

Josh