[Wine] Re: Wine and Skype

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:46:28 CDT 2007

Guido Milanese <guidofabrizio.milanese at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> So I tried to use wine for that. I am not familiar with wine (never
> need Windows programs, really) and I tried to use what had been
> installed by Mandriva.

Red the Users guide on winehq.org

> Testing wine, it's all right with the preconfigured programs I can
> access from the wine menu.
> Trying to use Skype, i get some error messages:

> if I use 'nt40', and messages inviting to use nt40 (or win31) if I
> leave automatically detection possible.

I don't understand that sentence.

> Browsing the debug output, I think that the clue may be in lines as
> this one:

Post all the output if it's less than 100 lines. Provide a link if it's
more than that. Random selection of messages is not going to help
anyone. Include the command you use to invoke skype. Tell us what wine
version you have.

Daniel