[Wine] Re: How to handle this error

dank daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:46:29 CDT 2007

michael.bierenfeld at web.de wrote:
> I am trying to run a legacy Applikation under wine and receive the following
>
> bav at saturn:~/bav_tests$ wine Bav.exe "Z:\home\bav\bav_tests\data\BAVDataRK.xml" 2
> wine: Unhandled exception 0x0eedfade at address 0x0000:0x55a00b60 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
> Backtrace:
> =>1 0x5570558c __regs_RtlRaiseException+0x4c in ntdll (0x5570558c)
>
> Can somebody explan to me how to handle this error. Is it a dll problem
> or do I have any possibility tr track down the problem ?

Is there more to that backtrace?

What version of wine are you running, where did you get it?
What Linux distribution are you using?

Also, it looks like you're using a stripped version of wine, as there
are no line numbers in the backtrace.
Can you build a copy from source (that way you get debugging info)?

To learn more about what triggered the problem, you can run your app
with
  WINEDEBUG=+relay wine Bav.exe
"Z:\home\bav\bav_tests\data\BAVDataRK.xml" 2 > log.txt 2>&1
and look at the last part of log.txt right before the Unhandled
exception
(you might have to compress the log and send it to a wine expert,
though).
- Dan