[Wine] Re: Wine and Skype

Darren Wilkinson spamtrap at spamtrap.spamtrap
Mon Mar 19 00:46:29 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Guido Milanese <guidofabrizio.milanese at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>> So I tried to use wine for that. I am not familiar with wine (never
>> need Windows programs, really) and I tried to use what had been
>> installed by Mandriva.
>
> Red the Users guide on winehq.org
>
>> Testing wine, it's all right with the preconfigured programs I can
>> access from the wine menu.
>> Trying to use Skype, i get some error messages:
>
>> if I use 'nt40', and messages inviting to use nt40 (or win31) if I
>> leave automatically detection possible.
>
> I don't understand that sentence.

That's probably because you think the last bit is a complete sentence. It isn't.
What he's saying is:

Trying to use Skype, i get some error messages (he then lists error messages
which you cut) if I use 'nt40'(in winecfg), and messages inviting to use nt40
(or win31) if I leave automatically detection possible.

>> Browsing the debug output, I think that the clue may be in lines as
>> this one:
>
> Post all the output if it's less than 100 lines. Provide a link if it's
> more than that. Random selection of messages is not going to help
> anyone. Include the command you use to invoke skype. Tell us what wine
> version you have.
>
> Daniel

True. Btw the lines that he did include were asking for a system file called
"advapi32.dll" which apparently manages the registry and starts/shuts down the
computer.