[Wine] Re: Running Wbid Under Wine

joshua.brehm at gmail.com joshua.brehm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:46:35 CDT 2007

Okay, so figured out that my attempts to run <winecfg> and list WBid
there before I ran the installation program were part of the problem. I
am getting the following message now, though:

Error Number: 0x80040707
Dll Function Call Crashed
WBKey.WBKeyInstallKey
Setup will now terminate.

---FWIW it doesn't. It just sits there looking at me untill I close the
terminal.

I got the following responses  from the guy who wrote WBid for Windows:

"Most of the internal workings of the program are installed in the
"wbid"
folder and probably do not pose much of a problem ... I would think.
None of
the program .DLL files are self-registering. However, there are some
significant dependencies on the Windows OS (kernel32.dll, user32.dll,
wininet.dll, etc.)

However, the installer also checks to see if the Microsoft "C" runtime
and
MFC .dll's are installed. Some of these DLL's are self-registering
which
could cause a problem."

-AND-

"The wbkey32.dll is one of Wbid's program .dll's. That error code
indicates
it probably failed because it could not find one of Windows normal
pre-defined folders or registry keys (like "system32" or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE).

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with the Wine emulator so am not even
sure
where to begin.

If you go to a command prompt and type "set" you should see a list of
'stuff'. There should be:
	SystemDrive
	SystemRoot
	TEMP or TMP or both
	windir
	ProgramFiles

Also, if you run "regedit" at the command prompt you should have at
least
the following keys:
	HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
	HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

The "C" runtime has to be running (should already be there) and the
Date has
to be set correctly on your computer, too."