[Wine] Re: Hiccups on music even with the Implement_SetThreadPriority patch

sugoi.sama at gmail.com sugoi.sama at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:46:38 CDT 2007

sugoi.sama at gmail.com wrote:
> Daniel Skorka wrote:
> > sugoi.sama at gmail.com wrote:
> > > This wine build seems to work better than the one i had but i still get
> > > annoying glitches on things like, switching tabs in firefox, lauching
> > > xemacs, etc
> > > On windows Foobar2000 performed flawlessly...
> >
> > Have you tried both OSS and ALSA, and plaing around with things like
> > "Driver Emulation"? That said, sound has always been an issue under
> > wine.
> > Daniel
>

> !"#!$ %$/&% &% &/)=(#"
>
> it doens't work :-(
> However it works better when using "Emulation" and "Driver Emulation"
> with ALSA.
>
> I'm starting to think it would be easier for Amarok (or any other app)
> to support KIOs than for Wine to *really* support sound.
>
> I just don't get it why doesn't the wineserver support suid/guid... it
> should work a lot smoother... right?

One thing that i noticed now, the patch
http://wiki.winehq.org/Implement_SetThreadPriority says: "When
wineserver is suid root this patch will make games that require
SetThreadPriority for audio work correctly."

But i can't suid it because it will complain about the user not owning
the socket (owned by root)