[Wine] Re: Warcraft III "Fatal Error"

Darren Wilkinson spamtrap at spamtrap.spamtrap
Mon Mar 19 00:46:32 CDT 2007

H Doherty wrote:
> I am new to Wine, and I've come to a point where I have no clue what my
> problem is, so I need a bit of help.
>
> I installed Warcraft III, following the instructions here:
> http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=1177
>
> But I get this error:
> http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7046/war3problemyk0.jpg
>
> And then after that, another message appears saying that my CD drive
> cannot be found.  I must have done something wrong, but I do not have
> any clue as to what it could be.
>
> I am using Wine 0.9.8, compiled with GCC 3.4.6.  My kernel is
> 2.6.17-gentoo-r4, for i686.  If any other information is needed, and I
> imagine it is,you will probably have to explain to me how I find this
> information, because I am a bit new at this.
>
> Thanks in advance.

First upgrade to the latest wine version. Not only is the wine version the
tester used later than yours (0.9.12) but DirectX and other improvements are
constantly being made. Your kernel version is probably completely irrelevant for
wine. Also try making sure your cd drive is marked as such in winecfg by
clicking on "Show Advanced".