[Wine] Blank Dailog Boxes FC3 - Wine RPM install

Kotts ckotting at wideopenwest.com
Mon Mar 19 00:46:55 CDT 2007

I was experimenting with Wine a while back, and have periodically built
Wine from source for experimenting.  I have been careful to clean up
after myself (make uninstall) afterwards.

Last night, I did an install of Wine version 0.9.20 on a system running
 Fedora Core 3 by running "# yum install wine".  The install ran
smoothly, however, all wine dialog boxes (including winecfg) are
completely blank.  As in utterly devoid of text.  I do get little
underscores indicating the "alt-key" shortcuts, but only the
underscores.

It appears that the fonts installed correctly (they appear in
{homedirectory}/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts}.  Any thoughts on what may
have gotten screwed up?  Did I miss something in a previous cleanup of
a wine build?

Thanks for any leads!
Kotts