[Wine] Strange display error.

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at dougshost.invalid
Mon Mar 19 00:47:03 CDT 2007

I have just had a recurring hardware problem with my graphics card, a modern
NVidia one with Mandriva's driver.  I suspect that it is dust getting into
the socket.  It set itself up in framebuffer mode. Anyway, it is now
working, and seems to be behaving normally, except...

All my apps under Wine still work fine except the one that matters, the
jigsaw program.

Orbitron - a satellite tracking program from Poland - no change.
Faststone Image Viewer and a Canfield game - O.K.

The jigsaw program starts completely normally, the thumbnails are exactly as
they were when I described them last time I posted, but the playing area is
a solid colour with no pieces.  It has the colour I set before - in fact,
one has different colours for the two screens, something that I don't think
will happen under Windows itself.  Reinstalling the program, and
reinstalling Wine, doesn't help.  Starting the Windows installation with
Wine (old style - running wine + the executable in my Win98 SE directory)
behaves exactly the same way.  The messages in a terminal are unchanged,
just repeated: fixme:bitblt:X11DRV_BitBlt potential optimization -
client-side DIB copy

It is very strange that this is the only problem.  I don't see how it can be
Wine, but are there any other tests I can run?  The version of Wine seems
to be irrelevant, but for the record, the installed one is 0.9.12.  I have
also tried 0.9.14 and the result of my wine-git tests.  All are the same.
I made sure to delete the program's .ini file when reinstalling.

Thanks,

Doug.
--
When we want to read of the deeds that are done for love, whither do we
turn?  To the murder column.