[Wine] Re: Photoshop Install Help

glgxg glgxg at mfire.com.invalid
Mon Mar 19 00:47:04 CDT 2007

JoeC wrote:
> Looks like we have the same issue - no graphics tablet on my end, nor
> any other esoteric device - just CD ROM, floppy, mouse and that's it.

Yep. Seems that way. I also tried running from my already installed and
working NTSF Windows drive (I have dual boot setup) and got nearly the
same results:

:/media/hda1/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop 5.0 LE$ wine photosle.exe
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 85 (WM_NCPAINT) not supported yet
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
X Error of failed request:  BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device
  Major opcode of failed request:  144 (XInputExtension)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_OpenDevice)
  Serial number of failed request:  247

Interesting, I can get PageMaker 6.5 to come up but not Photoshop. I did
the Photoshop install individually, I'll try running the CD and
installing both PM and PS together to see if that makes any difference.

Regarding the graphics tablet; I do notice in my X11 file these:

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver        "wacom"
  Identifier    "stylus"
  Option        "Device"        "/dev/wacom"          # Change to
                                                      # /dev/input/event
                                                      # for USB
  Option        "Type"          "stylus"
  Option        "ForceDevice"   "ISDV4"               # Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver        "wacom"
  Identifier    "eraser"
  Option        "Device"        "/dev/wacom"          # Change to
                                                      # /dev/input/event
                                                      # for USB
  Option        "Type"          "eraser"
  Option        "ForceDevice"   "ISDV4"               # Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver        "wacom"
  Identifier    "cursor"
  Option        "Device"        "/dev/wacom"          # Change to
                                                      # /dev/input/event
                                                      # for USB
  Option        "Type"          "cursor"
  Option        "ForceDevice"   "ISDV4"               # Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

But I also have no tablet. I tried removing & X11 didn't like that at
all... wouldn't run. So I reverted to the backup. BTW: I also have no
/dev/wacom file either.