[Wine] Where to put dll files for applications on a wine system?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:23 CDT 2007

.
I just copied all of my Paint Shop Pro 7 files from another partition
into a "Paint Shop Pro 7" subdirectory within the "Program Files"
directory on a new wine installation.  When I run psp.exe, I got a very
long list of complaints/errors similar to this one:

     err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by
L"C:\\Program Files\\Paint Shop Pro 7\\JCM.dll") not found

but with nine unique '.dll' files "not found."  Within the PSP program
directory there are actually 26 different '.dll' files.  Some are
spelled with lower case letters instead of some letters capped and the
first three listed below are apparently missing entirely.

So, where should I copy or move or link these files ... or how should I
update some registry so they can be found and the several .exe
executable programs within the PSP directory will run?

MFC42.DLL	.
MSVCP60.dll	.
MSVCIRT.dll	.
jbrws.dll		(same)
jbrwsutil.dll		(same)
JControls.dll		jcontrols.dll     (spelled with all low-caps)
JCM.dll			(same)
JCMYK.dll		jcmyk.dll     (spelled with all low-caps)
JWebTools.dll		jwebtools.dll   (spelled with all low-caps)