[Wine] Re: Tell me the truth about WINE

Ham Pastrami nomail at dot.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:26 CDT 2007

"Daniel Skorka" <skorka at gmx.net> wrote in message
news:eedofg$rsl$2 at news2.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de...
> Well, this can be summoned up quite nicely:
> If you expect any game at all to just run on wine, you will not be happy
> with it. If there however is a specific list of games that you expect to
> run beforehand, you can check appdb.winehq.org on whether or not this
> one works.

Either the db just isn't very helpful or WINE's functionality is much more
limited than I was led to believe. There's only a handful of titles
mentioned and a lot of them are duplicate entries under different
categories.

> P.S. To tell you the truth, you seem awfully intent on gaming, to the
> point where it seems to be dominating your life. But that's just me...

Are you insinuating that I might have an addiction to gaming or something?
Welcome to 2006!