[Wine] Re: Wine not working, Slackware 10.2

Ook OokDon'tsendmeanyfreakin'spamatzootaldotcomdeletetheDon'tsendmeanyfreakin'spam
Mon Mar 19 00:47:28 CDT 2007

Don't send me any freakin' spam> wrote in message
news:176dnZGtqto87pbYnZ2dnUVZ_oWdnZ2d at giganews.com...
> Clean install of Slackware 10.2. Wine 0.9.20. Downloaded slackware
> package. Installed with KPackage via KDE, no errors. I have several
> Windows apps that I used under Wine with Slackware 10.0. I right click on
> executable, select Wine Windows Emulator, I can see in the process table
> Wineserver, wine-preloader, and wineprefixcreator(?). Then they all go
> away, and nothing happens. It doesn't matter which windows executable I
> try. The three I've used sucessfully in the past is emule, totalcommander,
> and winmx. I've run emule and winmx 24/7 for a long time, it works(worked)
> great.
>
> Where to start troubleshooting? With Slackware 10.0 and older wine version
> (9.18 or so?) this all worked fine, I'm not sure if it's the current wine
> version or Slackware 10.2.

PS - in the console, when I try to start a windows app, I get:

wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x003ffd80 at address
0x60ed03af (thread 0009), starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x003ffd80 at address
0x609493af (thread 000b), starting debugger...
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr
0x6000b3a3
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x003ffd80 at address
0x609493af (thread 000d), starting debugger...