[Wine] Re: Forms lost focus in KDE

Paul Romanyszyn pgr at arcelectronicsinc.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:40 CDT 2007

c_pradelli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm testing a simple delphi application that have 3 forms.
>
>>From FORM1 (the main form) I press a button to show FORM2, then from
> FORM2 I press a button to show FORM3, when I close FORM3, FORM1 becomes
> focused instead of FORM2.
> Every time you close a form or a dialog the application main form
> becomes the active one.
>
> This only happend in KDE, allowing windows manager to control the
> windows.
>
> Any idea? should I report this in bugzila?

I have seen in the virtual desktop with winefile and a second program
when you close a modal dialog box the to top shifts to winefile not to
the main application but focus does not follow an you have to click on
winefile and then back to application to get top and focus synced.

If the problem is only in KDE and not Gnome or icewm I would say if you
fill a bug it will be marked invalid and blamed on a KDE bug. If it
works with a virtual desktop that is a workaround.

So if you have a sample program that will fail with a virtual desktop,
search for an existing bug and if non found make a new one and add a
link to your test application source and exe.
Paul R.