[Wine] Re: Any work done on the Com Ports?

William William at bademailaddy.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:42 CDT 2007

No its not a sound card, External ham radio Scanner.   From all the
other tests and ways I've had it run it just seems so close to working
under wine.
I'm guessing its something to do with HAL.  Where the .sys files are
accessing HAL directly.  It's weird how vmware actually does emulate a
PC so well. I've even tried it with a USB-to serial and it works in VM
and under regular PC but not in WINE.

A terminal program won't really work.  I've tried talking to the WR
directly like that but its really not a ansi device. Just so you know.
I have tried terminal software threw WINE and to a modem with no
problems. Using the same serial port.  That registry thing did the
trick. So I know the com port communication is taking place.  Just not
at the level I'm needing I guess.

Thank you very much for your help