[Wine] Re: Are there any wine applications that can print graphics?

Rob dislexic_wobmat at NOSPAMyahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:43 CDT 2007

joe at actionline.com wrote:

> .
> Are there any wine applications that can print graphics?
>
> In the last few days, I have been able to get Pagemaker 7 to work
> fairly well via WINE (with a few tolerable glitches and deficiencies)
> ... and finally I am able to print documents with an extensive variety
> of different fonts.
>
> However, I cannot print any document that has any graphic image in it.
>
> I had the same problem with Paint Shop Pro 7 when it worked on a
> previous version of WINE (it no longer works on the most recent version
> of WINE).  When it did work, I was not able to print anything.
>
> So, I just wonder if there are any programs that work via WINE that can
> print when there are graphic images within the document.

Microsoft Word is one that comes to mind - may not be sutiable for your
needs however.

In any case, why would a graphic image need to be printed from an
application running under WINE rather than a native Linux program (eg
Gimp)?

        Rob.