[Wine] Re: Toshiba's ConfigFree under Wine?

Sylvain Robitaille syl at alcor.concordia.ca
Mon Mar 19 00:47:50 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:

> I _may_ be mistaken on this, but I highly doubt that wine implements
> the windows interfaces to configure network cards, those being
> hardware related and not part of the Win32 API AFAIK.

Hrmmm...  Well, I'm not looking to use this software for _configuring_
the interface.  It includes a very useful wi-fi monitoring function as
well, which I'd like to use.  The interface is much more "quick glance"
friendly than similar programs I've been able to find for Linux.

> Do you really want to install a software just to see if it installs?

no, I was hoping to be able to _use_ it (well, as mentioned, I was
hoping to use this one feature).

> Should you really want to go on, downgrade to 0.9.20 (0.9.21 is
> considered buggy) and provide the output from a WINEDEBUG=+trace run.

Thanks.  I don't know yet if I'll do that, but if I do, I'll come back
with that output.

Sylvain Robitaille                              syl at alcor.concordia.ca

Systems and Network analyst                       Concordia University
Instructional & Information Technology        Montreal, Quebec, Canada