[Wine] direc port access in Wine-0.9.20

lubos tomas.poruba at robe.cz
Mon Mar 19 00:47:51 CDT 2007

Hi,

a month ago I asked here how to configure Wine registers for direct
port access.
I need to run an application which used direct port access to the ports
and communicate with programmer.

I have solved it: I assigned the used port numbers to the paprpot
device in Wine registers and i runed the APP in Windows 98 emulation
mode. It works! But there is one another prroblem,  the communication
is to slow.

When I have had old Wine which used "config" file i runed the APP as
root and i was able to do the direct acces and the communication was
more faster. But there was problem with the stability of te APP.

Did anybody used direct port access in Wine-0.9.x, in windows 2000,XP
emulation mode?

>From the file "ioports.c" in wine/dll/winedos/ i have got on that I
should to create this keys in registry:
Software\Wine\WDM\Ports\read="port nubbers"
Software\Wine\WDM\Ports\write="port numbers"
But I was not able to make it to work.
Did anybody have any idea or solution?

Thanks Tom