[Wine] Re: Wine-Package-Slackware Problem

Sylvain Robitaille syl at alcor.concordia.ca
Mon Mar 19 00:48:47 CDT 2007

HackeZ at gmail.com wrote:

> Alright I Extracted the tarbell as directed ...

Which tarball did you extract, and which directions were you following?

I've had success with the Slackware package downloaded from winehq.org,
and installed with Slackware's installpkg.  I'm going to hazard a guess
that this isn't what you're using.

> "Error while loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1: cannot open shared
> object file"

It sounds like the dynamic loader doesn't know where the libraries are.
Either use the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or adjust your
/etc/ld.so.conf accordingly and run ldconfig.  If you use the
above-mentioned Slackware package you won't need to do either.

I hope this helps ...

Sylvain Robitaille                              syl at alcor.concordia.ca

Systems and Network analyst                       Concordia University
Instructional & Information Technology        Montreal, Quebec, Canada