[Wine] Agent 4.0 and wine

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux at mediaxim.be
Mon Mar 19 00:48:50 CDT 2007

I have been running Agent3.3 uner Linux debian sarge, wine
0.0.20050310-1.2, fake windows partition. Absolutely no problems, even
when tackling large groups like binaries or advocacy.

But the upgrade to V4 did not go well. I went back to 3.3 and managed
to reproduce under reduced conditions:

* Created a new, vanilla user called gorby
* Created a new fake windows setup with a vanilla "winesetup"
* Did a vanilla install of Agent4.0 under wine

If I try to start agent using:

wine ~/'.wine/fake_windows/Program Files/Agent/agent.exe'

I just get this message-box:

"The shared directory \home\gorby\.wine\fake_windows\Program
Files\Agent\ does not exist".

It exists, of course, since the installer completed without trouble.
And I know my version of wine is a bit old, but since 3.3 works
flawlessly with it...

Any suggestion?