[Wine] Re: Agent 4.0 and wine

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux at mediaxim.be
Mon Mar 19 00:48:52 CDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:47:34 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Skorka
<skorka at gmx.net> wrote:

>In comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at mediaxim.be> wrote:
>> If I try to start agent using:
>>
>> wine ~/'.wine/fake_windows/Program Files/Agent/agent.exe'
>>
>> I just get this message-box:
>>
>> "The shared directory \home\gorby\.wine\fake_windows\Program
>> Files\Agent\ does not exist".
>>
>> It exists, of course, since the installer completed without trouble.
>> And I know my version of wine is a bit old, but since 3.3 works
>> flawlessly with it...
>
>Which doesn't mean Agent 4 will do so too.

I know. What I meant is this version of wine is good enough to run 3.3
*very well* so it is probably not hopelessly bug-ridden.

>> Any suggestion?
>
>Try
>$ cd ~/'.wine/fake_windows/Program Files/Agent' && wine agent.exe

Doesnt work, I get a variant of the message "The shared directory does
not exist" with *2* spaces beetween "directory" and "does". However,
someone suggested "wine ./agent.exe" and *that* lets me go past that
point. Will do more extensive tries tonight.