[Wine] Re: Agent 4.0 and wine

Mike Dee mikedee at invalid.invalid
Mon Mar 19 00:48:54 CDT 2007

Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at mediaxim.be> wrote in
news:dc0vi2her69f6g8ij4bb05encaaqt5804s at 4ax.com:

>>Try wine ~/.wine/fake_windows/Program\ Files/Agent/agent.exe
>
> That's the same. Didnt you notice the single-quotes I used?

Hmmm... I installed Agent 4 today just to see if I could get it to work
under Wine.

The install went well and Agent launched OK and I was able to set it up
for use. No problem so far.

I exited the program, and go to re-launch. I now get this error message
"Agent cannot find AGENT.XRS (build 1071). This file usually is located
in the same folder as agent.exe. agent.exe cannot run without this file
and will now shutdown".

I look inside Agent's directory and see there is a agent.xrs file in
the same directory (changing this to AGENT.XRS has no effect on the
error message). Other than from the install, Agent 4.0 refuses to run.

Wine version 0.9.9

I'm sticking with Xnews which works beautifully under Wine :-)

Good luck.

--
dee