[Wine] Re: Agent 4.0 and wine

Michael Heiming michael+USENET at www.heiming.de
Mon Mar 19 00:48:54 CDT 2007

In comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at mediaxim.be>:
> I have been running Agent3.3 uner Linux debian sarge, wine
> 0.0.20050310-1.2, fake windows partition. Absolutely no problems, even
> when tackling large groups like binaries or advocacy.

> But the upgrade to V4 did not go well. I went back to 3.3 and managed
> to reproduce under reduced conditions:
[..]

> Any suggestion?

Why would you want to run ForteAgent under wine at all? There are
tons of great newsreader coming with most distro, IIRC there are
far more newsreader available running native on Linux then
M$-Windows nntp reader.

To me wine is always just a very last resort, at first I'd check
for Linux native apps. Here are some helpful comparison tables
concerning equivalent software:

http://www.libervis.com/wiki/index.php?title=Table_of_Equivalent_Software
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Linux_software_equivalent_to_Windows_software
http://www.linuxrsp.ru/win-lin-soft/table-eng.html

Good luck

mail: echo zvpunry at urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 93: Feature not yet implemented