[Wine] Re: Agent 4.0 and wine

Doug in Kentucky me at privacy.net
Mon Mar 19 00:49:00 CDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:21:28 +0200, Michel Bardiaux
<mbardiaux at mediaxim.be> wrote:

>I have been running Agent3.3 uner Linux debian sarge, wine
>0.0.20050310-1.2, fake windows partition. Absolutely no problems, even
>when tackling large groups like binaries or advocacy.
>
>But the upgrade to V4 did not go well. I went back to 3.3 and managed
>to reproduce under reduced conditions:
>
>* Created a new, vanilla user called gorby
>* Created a new fake windows setup with a vanilla "winesetup"
>* Did a vanilla install of Agent4.0 under wine
>
>If I try to start agent using:
>
>wine ~/'.wine/fake_windows/Program Files/Agent/agent.exe'
>
>I just get this message-box:
>
>"The shared directory \home\gorby\.wine\fake_windows\Program
>Files\Agent\ does not exist".
>
>It exists, of course, since the installer completed without trouble.
>And I know my version of wine is a bit old, but since 3.3 works
>flawlessly with it...
>
>Any suggestion?

I know I am late in replying to this, but thought I would interject. I
run Agent 4.0 under Crossover Office (have used it under 5.2 and 6.0
beta 2) without any problems. So the short answer is that it will run
under wine but I am not sure what the boys and girls at Codeweavers to
to wine to get it running as good as they do.

Doug