[Wine] Re: disk drive assignment problem

Robert McLean robert.mclean1 at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 19 00:49:01 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Robert McLean <robert.mclean1 at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > When I go into the wine configuration tool I can map C to
> > /mnt/windows/C, and I can map D into /mnt/windows/D.  I hit the Apply
> > button, and I hit the OK button.  When I use wine to run my
> > swcadiii.exe program I get not accessible and file not found errors.
> > When I go back into the wine configuration tool I see that my D drive
> > mapping has not been saved.  How do I make changes the drive
> > assignments I make permanent ?
>
> Create the symlinks under $WINEPREFIX/dosdevices/ by hand.
>
> Daniel

Daniel, thanks for the reply.  But now for the really dumb questions.
What is $WINEPREFIX/dosdevices/ ?  I guessed it was a directory or
configuration file, but I cant find it searching with file manager.  Is
it something else entirely ?

Also, is this what everybody else who uses Wine had to do ?  Why doesnt
the Wine Configuration tool work ?

Robert.