[Wine] AOPA RTFP, XSetDashes, Hatches not implemented, Easy fix?

niles at rickniles.com niles at rickniles.com
Mon Mar 19 00:49:14 CDT 2007

I've been trying to run AOPA's Real Time Flight Planner (RTFP) from
Jeppesen Sanderson Inc.  It's almost works, but I get the following
error when it tries to draw the route:

fixme:gdi:ExtCreatePen PS_USERSTYLE not handled
fixme:gdi:ExtCreatePen Hatches not implemented
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range
for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  58 (X_SetDashes)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  63199

I don't actually care if the line style is exactly the same as windows,
but it seems like the odd pen style is screwing up setting the dashes
in X.  This seems like it might be a really simple thing to fix for
someone with a clue. Unfortuately, I lack clue wrt to wine development.

The program is available from http://www.aopa.org/flight_planner/
However, you need an AOPA account to login.  I'm happy to run any tests
for anyone that's interested in exploring this issue.

Thanks,
Rick Niles.